Sunday, October 28, 2012

Almost November 1st... :)

Well in just over 4 days I am leaving this ship, after seven long, amazing months. Its been a really great time here and I have learned so much about life and myself. The people that ive met and built relationships really will last forever. So many things Ive seen here have changed me, opened my eyes to whats happening in our world. And I wasnt medical but I was and still am a small peice of the much bigger puzzle, making these precious kids smile was my job, its everyones job. And its not that hard! All they need is to know they are loved!

This past week as been my going away week, last bible study and last nights out with my friends. Friday night we went out as a big group to a fancy restuarant and it was alot of fun! Saturday I had to work, but Amy graciously held the pager for me so I could go see my Babies one last time. It was honestly one of my hardest goodbyes I had to do ever. Hugging my Geroge, saying I wont be back, hurts knowing he wont understand me. I held him so tight and kissed his head, and said I love you. Waving goodbye, he looked at me with those eyes, and tugged on my heart. He's my little buddy and I am going to miss him so much!

Last night was my formal going away dinner. Amy planned it all, and it was everything i ever wanted.! Ken cooked up some amazing food and I was so glad that everyone had a great time! We all got dressed up really fancy and had some great laughs. Memories I wont soon forget!

There was one girl, whom Ive grown really close to, and might try and bring her with me. Bronte Smith, Shes been here the longest and all of my time here. We have so many random memories together and Its really going to be one of my hardest goodbyes. But I will see her again, all the way in Texas!

Im ready to come home, to see everyone, and just be home. But being with the kids and playing with them, I could do this for the rest of my life. So yes im ready to leave, but i dont think i will ever be ready to wave goodbye to the kids that have stolen my heart. Good Luck getting it back. They are so precious and if one could come home with me, id bring 10!

This weekend is alot of "lasts". My last duty day, my last tour, my last arrivals, which is really putting it into perspective. I wont be giving new crew a tour anymore, I wont get to be the first person they see once on the ship! I have done so many arrivals over the past 7 months, made alot of beds, folded towels and made cookies. And as much as that was, I am going to miss it! Ive trained people that will now carry on! My time here, i will be forever grateful for. The time is drawing near, and if the past few days show anything, its going to be a hard day on Wednesday.


See you Soon Canada! Till later Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment