Saturday, November 10, 2012

Home Sweet Home

My Baby!
Well, Its been a little over a week since I left the Africa Mercy. Time really has flown by, home is freezing! And its both different and the same. Flying home with some of my friends from the ship was a true blessing, it made the painful goodbye hurt a little less. Two of my closest friends from the ship, Amy and Bronte, came to airport with us, and waving goodbye to them was my last memory of the ship! I miss them sso much!

Arriving home, last week in Fredericton, walking through the doors, seeing my parents for the first time in 7 months was amazing! And having a couple friends there was such a nice welcome home touch! I arrived home with my African braids and tanned skin.

Since Ive been home, I really have noticed much more "stuff" we have. My room is massive, the past 7 months i lived in the same space but with 7 others! And it was more then enough! I don't need all this stuff but really wish there was a way to offer the Africans more!

My last week on the Africa Mercy was a busy one!

I think I had about 4-5 going away dinners with all the amazing friends Ive made! Saturday, was my formal going away dinner on ship! Ken, the ships chef, cooked up an amazing meal! And we all got dressed up fancy :) Amy took the pager, and wouldn't let me do my arrivals, I cannot thank her enough! Bronte ended up running the dinner, with games and then got everyone who came to tell me something about me that had touched them. Nearly lost it, these people have been there for me through it all, and it was so nice to just be with them all together one last time.

The last few days of work were busy but fun! We went out for a department lunch Monday, as both Lauren and I were leaving that week. We enjoyed each others company and then went shopping in the local market! Tuesday we had a function for the Eco-bank ( local bank in Guinea) and then we were done! Marilyn signed off on our disembarkation forms and we were one step closer to coming home!

Tuesday night, as my last night on the ship. Over the past 7 months, Ive spent so many nights up with people on their last night, it was really hard to think that people were staying up with me... We laughed and did laundry. As we went to bed, I thought of all the many nights I spent on the ship and how the longest nights were some of my best memories. 

Wednesday, was packing day, and everything fit! As I cleaned up my room, took all the pictures, and put everything away, it finally became real, I was leaving the ship that Ive called me home for the past 7 months. 

When it came time to walk down the gangway one last time, with many of my friends looking up at me, it hurt, honestly I didn't want to leave this place but I knew it was time, my time, this time on the Africa Mercy was up, but one day I will be back just not sure when!

Over these many months, I have done and seen so many things that I really either enjoyed or never want to see again. Seeing all the pain and hurt, and knowing that we are helping in a small way, is amazing! We are really bringing hope and healing to those who need it! 

Africa has taken my heart, and I know one day I will end up there, maybe not soon, but I will be back to my precious kids and all the gorgeous smiles!

Thats all for now, But It has been an amazing 7 months, I wouldn't trade it for anything!


Amy!

Bible Study!


Big Brother!

Sweet Girl!

Last Community Meeting!

Going Away Dinner!

Sage :)


Michael

Mommy Jen, and my two of my three sisters! Bronte&Tori

Last Fire Drill!

FMS girls, we met in January!

Last visit to the hope center!

Missing these precious kids!

Blackbeard!

Kevin& Innocent!

Lauren, my travel buddy!

My big sister!

Mykola....

Hope Center!

President's Visit!

My Roommates!

Susan!!

Tori!

Last function!

Proof that I actually did work..


He was so proud of his casts!

Amazing Sunsets!

Amy Moser!

Bronte Smith

Bronte!
Till Next Time Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment